Démarré par Cirav, 29 Juillet 2013 à 23:07:07

« précédent - suivant »

Cirav

[WIP] J.S.R.S 2.0 - Jarhead's Sound Redeployment Studios

Site : http://www.jsrs-studios.com/
Téléchargement :http://www.jsrs-studios.com/index.php/dlstudios.html

WIP Reports
Created on Sunday, 02 June 2013 18:15

I've done some work with the latest Update Bohemia provided, the 0.58 update for the alpha. Now, after they fixed some things concerning their sound engine, I can finally start to create what I had in mind. The results are quiet promising!
After a long journey through different games while the alpha version of ArmA3 was still in development, I learned even more how important sound is in a game. Seeing, or more hearing the sounds Bohemia provides and seeing the feedback to that, I've seen myself in the position of observing the situation.
On the one side there is the community part saying that the new sounds are pretty good compared to earlier games Bohemia has published but still does not suite their needs. There is still something missing for overall gameplay and immersion.
On the other side there are those people who just say that the sounds are bad and are not working out at all.
And there are a lot of things that does not really work right now. So some say that the sounds are getting shaped really strange over long distance, or they can't locate a shooters position, or cant hear far away firefights at all, which still should be audible.
I'm not saying that this is the point where I come in, but at least those are the points I'm working on right now! In the following video I show you some examples:

As you can see, the scripts are working so far. We have audible firefights in the distance, we have (still slightly) different sounds on first and third person view, and we have different sounds when being inside a room. Those effects are all triggered by a network of script, so I can address each single weapon or an entire weapon class, I can address buildings, and I can address the view the player is in while playing. Quiet a lot of functionality that needs to be tested.

Also I want you to understand that all sounds, or at least most of them, you hear in the video are still work in progress. Since my first goal is to get everything to work before I start to shape the sounds, most of the sounds are placeholder and will be tweaked all the way to their final condition.
Also there will be a lot of questions concerning a release of JSRS 2.0. I will start to calm you all down by saying that there wont be ANY release of JSRS2.0 before Bohemia got their game to the final state. So, I cant release a mod while there is still potential that Bohemia changes basic config entries that could effect my scripts or configs. Of course I will release small test packs here on my website either to selected people or to the entire JSRS Studios Community.
Thanks, this article will be updated, so keep track ;)

UPDATE1

I've uploaded the first Alpha release of JSRS2.0 to our servers. The first release contains some basic sounds for weapons, the Hunter vehicle and more. Click 'Read more' for the full list, a preview on changes I'm about to make and, of course, for the download link.

The first release, in version 0.001a contains the basic weapons:
Pistols: ACPC12, P07, Rook40

SMGs: Scorpion, Vector

Rifles: EBR, FS2000, Katiba, MX, TRG20, SDAR
MGs: M200, Zafir

Sniperrifles: M6, M320
Launchers: NLAW, RPG32

The vehicle in this first release is the Hunter Mrap which needs some tweaks to its config still. Furthermore this pack contain the basic movement sounds for soldiers, vehicle sounds (which will only be used by the hunter right now) and soniccracks from JSRS1.5 in a basic kinda way which will be tweaked in future.

You can find the files when you just click this Link. Within the @JSRS2.0ALPHA folder there is a version.txt file that contains a version number. This will be updated with later updates so this way you can keep track of which version you are running and compare it with the latest version available in our download section.

UPDATE2

Changelog:
- Added: Missing Vehicle Sounds Container.

UPDATE3

Changelog:
-Added: Explosion sounds (Still WIP)
-Changed: MX Rifle sound has been tweaked
-Changed: M6 Rifle sound has been tweaked
-Changed: EBR Rifle sound has been tweaked

UPDATE4

Changelog:
Added: New Explosives PBO's. Containing Activation, Deactivation and Trigger sounds for Explosives
Added: Separated Explosives Config
Changed: Explosion sounds, all of them
Changed: MX rifle got a little bit more of a punch now
Fixed: Missing Movement sounds

UPDATE5

VEHICLE SOUNDS

UPDATE6

NEW HELICOPTERS

Cirav

Une version Alpha est disponible sur le site JSRS : http://www.jsrs-studios.com/index.php/dlstudios.html
Il faut télécharger la verson Alpha et installer les updates dans l'ordre.

Daedalus

On va pouvoir enfin remplacer ces son de pétards qu'on aurait glissé dans des tubes...

Aspar

Les sons d'origine ne sont pas dégueulasses non plus.